FREE AUDIT BY DHCS
Dedicate yourself to current projects!
Putting together the technical specifications of the replaced devices can be very time-consuming. Especially if they are not stored somewhere.
Do not waste time – free audit by DHCS offers an efficient solution:
- We pick up the devices according to the information you give us
- Transfer to Winterthur
- Full audit of the devices: optically, numerically & technically
- You receive the audit for comparison
- We look for suitable customers using the detailed audit
- You receive a concrete offer with options for data deletion within a week
- We delete the devices according to your specifications
- Billing & deletion certificates within 10 days
- We say thank you and look forward to your next order
Free audit – we do your work for you!
What does “marketable devices” mean?
The basic requirement is fully functional devices that do not have severe optical damage.
Relevant aspects for the marketability of the devices include:
- The brand – that’s what distinguishes Apple devices with the lowest average devaluation
- Name recognition – Lenovo is known worldwide and easier to sell than, for example, niche brands
- Dissemination – the spare parts market for brands with high market penetration is in a safe position; this is an important issue, and has a massive impact on demand
- Exclusivity – can be an advantage. Wortmann computers are known and appreciated as a premium brand in German-speaking countries, but can only be remarketed in these countries
- Technical set-up – it is crucial what and how many processors are installed, or how the RAM breakdown is, especially with servers.
What happens to non-marketable devices?
As part of the audit, these devices are specially marked and identified, and can be viewed on request with us. The devices are then sent to Swico and recycled.
Interesting information on erasing HDDs
The erasure of magnetic storage media is done by physically overwriting all areas of the medium. The decisive factor is that all protected and hidden areas such as HPA, DCO, FAT are recognised and overwritten as well.
The common deleting algorithms differ in two main points:
Type of overwrite
One distinguishes between a fixed pattern and random characters. They are often used in combination.
For example, DOD 5220-22 M with a 3x overwrite:
1st & 2nd round with fixed pattern –
3rd round with random characters
Number of overwrites
Depending on the security needs, the number of overwrites will vary from a 1x (HMG standard low), a 3x (US DOD 5220-22M) to a 35x (Gutmann) overwrite.
The opinions about the type of overwrite and the number are different.
We recommend a 1x overwrite for slightly to medium sensitive data, a 3x overwrite for medium and highly sensitive data.
After the deletion has been completed, the various areas undergo verification. Random sectors are selected and compared. The decisive factor is the conformity of the samples.
By default, 10% of the surface of the corresponding data carrier is checked. In the case of a negative verification, the deletion process is deemed unsuccessful and the data carriers are removed.
DHCS works exclusively with certified deletion software. In this way, we can provide absolute security for overwriting protected and hidden areas, as well as effective physical overwriting of the sectors.
After we have finished the job, you will receive a complete report, which includes the following items:
Compilation of audits
– Visually, with comments on the state and any faults or defects
– Numerically, compilation per type of device
– Technically, with details of serial numbers, size & type of data carriers, processors & RAM for each device
– Single certificate for each device and data carrier
– Combined certificate for all deleted devices and data carriers
– Stated prices per device with compilation of details
– Number of deleted volumes
– Transportation and packaging costs
– Net order value
Based on this report, you provide us with a bill that is VAT-compliant. We will transfer it within 14 days after receipt